Why SATS Peru?
Because we are sure that we can offer you the most unforgettable experience, not just a holiday, not just a perfect trip, but an unique and authentic experience. We know we can realize this because we know and love Peru and Latin America as no other.
As a team we focus on:
- Professional guides, professional staff.
- Excellent accommodation chosen just for you (up to 5 stars, eco – friendly lodges, the nicest boutique hotels, and typical charming local hotels).
- The best camping and hiking equipment.
- Adventure trips
- Special interest trips
- Luxury trips
- Community-based tourism and Family trips
- Experiential tourism.
- Culinary programs.
- Cultural programs.
- Get in contact with local communities, learn their culture through experiential tourism.
- Follow tours guided by locals, learn how they live by following workshops.
- Adventure for all members of the family.
- Relax in wellness and typical thermal spa’s.
- Enjoy a nice typical meal in an amazing place surrounded by mountains and lakes.
- Enjoy the magic of the amazon rainforest, in typical amazon jungle lodges.
Adventure in Style
We offer a wide variety of adventure programs. For all our travelers, also families with children, we have created special programs. They are characterized by:
- easy to do, average fitness and no technical skills required;
- suitable hotel rooms or lodging;
- alternative ways of transportation;
- types of programs are trekking, rafting, horse riding, sandboarding, mountainbiken, kayak and even paragliding. We offer fully outfitted treks, meaning that we provide all the trekking equipment and staff to assist you.
Adventure for adventurers
Adventure for adventurers is for people who are looking for an active holiday with unique experiences. You will have the opportunity to meet locals and immerse yourself in another culture.
- Good fitness levels and no technical skills required.
- Some active holidays include more challenging elements, such as a multi-day hiking trails (the Inca Trail is a good example) or overland tours where you set up camp each evening.
- The most popular activity breaks are walking holidays, as you often don’t need any previous experience and they allow you to arrive at breath-taking locations that may be inaccessible by other means.
- Depending on your general level of fitness and the difficulty of the walking trail, and altitudes you may want to complete a training program or do several practice hikes before you leave.
- Even if you walk a lot at home, you will be unfamiliar with the terrain, weather patterns and potential risks in another country.
- On reaching heights above 3000m, heart pounding and shortness of breath are a normal response to the lack of oxygen in the air. However, for some visitors these symptoms can deteriorate into a conditions known as Soroche (or acute mountain sickness) when you can start to experience headaches, loss of appetite, extreme tiredness, sleeplessness and often nausea. It is also a serious challenge as the altitude significantly increases the level of difficulty.
- Walking holidays can be extremely rewarding though… as you watch the clouds lift and the sun rise over Machu Picchu at the end of a gruelling four-day hike, the feeling of elation and personal achievement is difficult to beat.
- Types of programs are trekking, rafting, paragliding. We offer fully outfitted treks, meaning that we provide all the trekking equipment and staff to assist you.